There are many types of masks on the market, and the wearing methods of different types of dust masks are different, and mastering the correct wearing of masks can more effectively prevent the harm of fine particles such as dust to the human respiratory tract. Regardless of the price of the mask purchased, if the wearing method is incorrect, it will affect the use of dust masks.
Common mask types can be divided into flat masks, folding masks, and cup masks. According to the wearing style, it can be divided into three types: head-mounted masks, ear-strap masks and neck-strap masks.
1. Flat masks, also known as strap-on masks, are mainly used in the medical and health field, such as medical surgical masks. The tightness of flat masks is the worst compared with folding masks and cup masks, and they basically cannot be used for anti-haze and dust, so it is not recommended to use in dust environments. The correct way to wear a flat mask is as follows:
Correct wearing of flat masks
1. Medical surgical masks have white and blue sides, the white side is facing inward, the side with the metal bar is facing up, first tie the two straps on the lower side to the back of the neck, and tighten the lower side of the mask to the base of the chin.
2. Pull up the upper edge strap of the mask, cover the mask with the mouth and nose, pull the upper two straps behind the ears and tie them tightly on the head, and those with elastic bands can be tied to the ears.
3. Use the index fingers of both hands to compress the wire at the root of the nose on the top of the mask so that it is close to the skin of the nose, and then gradually move the index finger to the sides so that the entire mask is close to the facial skin.
4. After taking off the mask, put it in tape or paper bag, wrap it, and then put it in a covered trash can to dispose of, and wash your hands in time; Do not reuse disposable masks.
2. Folding masks; Folding mask (earband type), representing the product N95 mask. These masks have a unique design shape with excellent nose clips and headbands to ensure a good fit with the face. Under the same effect, the breathing resistance of the mask is less and it is more comfortable to wear. The correct wearing method is as follows:
How to wear a folded mask
1. Face the side of the folded mask without a nose clip, so that the nose clip is located above the mask, hold the mask with your hand and fix it to the face, and hold the mask against the chin.
2. Pull the upper headband over your head and place it above your head.
3. Pull the lower headband over the top of your head and place it under the ears on the back of your neck.
4. Place the fingers of both hands in the metal nose clip and press inward while moving your fingertips along the nose clip to the sides until the nose clip is fully pressed into the shape of the nose bridge.
3. Cup mask
The tightness of the cup mask is the best of these three types, because the mask design is concave and convex, and there is a sealing pad at the bridge of the nose of the mask, which is more comfortable to wear while ensuring the tightness of the mask.
How to wear a cup mask
1. Hold a medical mask in your hand with the nose clip at the fingertip position and let the headband hang under your hand.
2. Hold the mask on your chin and cover your nose.
3. Fix the position of the medical mask with your hands, place the upper headband above the ears, the higher position behind the head, and the lower headband below the ears behind the head.
4. Place the tips of both fingers on the metal nose clip, starting from the middle position, press the nose clip inward with your fingers, and move and press to the sides respectively to shape the nose clip according to the shape of the nose bridge.
Remember, regardless of any type of mask, after wearing the mask correctly, be sure to perform a positive pressure wearing air tightness check of the mask. Cover the mask completely with both hands and exhale quickly. If there is a gas leak on the edge of the mask, the nose clip and headband must be readjusted and the wearing air tightness check repeated. It is very important to firmly press the nose clip on the face to create a good fit.
Master the correct wearing of the mask as required, and the mouth and nose are completely sealed with the inner wall of the mask, and there can be no gaps to prevent dust from entering the lungs through the mouth and nose.
When buying a mask, you must first understand how the mask is worn, the filtration efficiency of the mask and the brand of the mask, and the use of the mask to ensure cleanliness, especially the parts that come into contact with the mouth and nose.